Sunday, March 3, 2013

Drinks, Dancing and Dinero

I decided to go to Kildares Friday night with a few friends and in this post I'm going to talk about the experience I had that night. First off, it grinds my gears a little knowing that this is the only bar that you have to pay a cover on when the weekend comes. Yes it's only two dollars but you could just as easily walk down the street to Landmark or back to Barnabys where there is no cover charge on the weekends. Why they do this I have no idea. But still my friends and I paid the cover. Usually on a Friday or Saturday night the bar is really crowded but that is to be expected. When I got there at around 11:30pm it wasn't crowded at all. My friends and I were able to get to the bar and order a drink easily. The crowd was a mix of college students and working professionals. In my personal opinion the music situation at Kildares is always a good one. The DJ knew exactly what everyone wanted to hear. Song after song people stayed on the dance floor and clearly were having a good time. I feel like drink prices at Kildares on the weekend are ok when compared to other bars. $4.00 for a mixed drink and $3.00 Coors Lite Bottles on a Friday night. If you are a guy and have been to Kildares before you know what I'm about to say is true. The line for the guys bathroom is always unnecessarily long, and when I say unnecessarily long I mean twice the line for the ladies bathroom. I was standing in line and a girl next to me leaned over and asked why the line was so long, like I mandate the bathroom line or something. Needleless to say I waited in like for about 10 minutes and when you really have to go it seems like forever. One thing I do like about Kildares is that the bouncers there are on top of their game. They are very in the moment and are aware of everything that is going on and making sure everyone there has a good time. Despite the long bathroom line and the two dollar cover charge Kildares is till one of my favorite places to go on the weekend. Out of 10 I would rate it an 8.5. Last time I went out I forgot to take any pictures this time I made sure to take a few. Below are the pictures I took from Friday March 1, 2013.

For those of you who are reading my blog please feel free to leave a comment about anything you liked or didn't like or want to see from this blog.




1 comment:

  1. I went to Kildare's for the first time this weekend for my friend's 21st birthday. I definitely noticed the long line for the guys bathroom haha. But overall it was a pretty good experience. I'm not a fan of the cover charge either, but seeing as I got free drinks while I was there, I didn't have that big of a problem with it haha.

    ReplyDelete