Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hookah Matata

Saturday night a few of my friends and I went to one of the hookah bars in town called Hookah Matata. I've been to Cozy Hookah and Cigar bar before and was hoping for a similar experience while at Hookah Matata. My group of friends walked in and we were greeted by the bouncer and he took our I.D's and we went to the large room in the back. This place was small, a little too small for my taste. On either side of the room there were three or four couches with a table in front of them as well as the room in the back. There were no painting on the wall or anything to make it stand out in any way. There was large speaker in the room where we were sitting playing music which was nice at first but then became monotonous when you had to speak pretty loudly to converse with the person across from you. I will say this, even though this place was small it seemed well ventilated. I didn't leave with an overpowering smell of hookah smoke. When we sat down we ordered our Hookah and it came to our table very quickly. Being someone that doesn't smoke on the regular or at all for that matter I found the Hookah we smoked to be very smooth and not hard to handle at all. Also there was a large variety of flavors to choose. I did notice something on the menu called Ice Hookah which seemed intriguing but we didn't get that. The hookah bar isn't just for smoking, you can order food and different drinks like tea, water and juices. My group and I didn't spend much time at Hookah Matata, only about an hour because of other plans we had. Although I had a favorable experience at this particular Hookah bar I would prefer Cozy. For me personally I like the environment there more so than Matata, but if you are under the age of 21 either lounge is a great place to go on a weekend to hear good music and hang out with friends.

3 comments:

  1. this great info ! been to cozy myself and have never been to hookah matata but seems like it not that great..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally enjoy going to cozy's, I enjoy the total atmosphere of the bar. I have been to Hookah Matata but it was only for a few minutes after I realized I could barely breathe in the room! Great Posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I am not a smoker, the way you describe the scenery piques my interest. I would definitely give it a chance since you can do more than smoke. Being able to order cheap drinks and some ethnic food is always a plus. I am always interested in trying out different dishes from various cultures.

    ReplyDelete